Choosing a niche for your business (or podcast!) at the outset of the project can be tough – today’s guest recommends specifying that niche later in the process.
Dan Faggella is the founder of Tech Emergence and host of the AI in Industry Podcast. While he initially began his podcast with a broad focus on technology and intelligence, he’s narrowed it down to deliver valuable information to industry leaders who need to know how AI might affect their work.
Getting more specific after building an audience has grown Dan’s reach rather than restricted it. By honing his attention on there topics that his most consistent listeners were interested in, he’s grown a dedicated and interactive group of listeners.
Dan’s strategy might be just what you need to boost the value you’re providing to your audience!
Dan Faggello talks about the moment he realized he needed to rebrand his show and speak to a more specific group of people. Using surveys to connect with his listeners, he discovered that the people he needed to influence were decision-makers in business and government roles.
Dan shares how his new niche more accurately reflects the spirit of his show and message, and we discuss how his capacity for monetization increased with this pivot, too. He leaves us with some advice for narrowing down the scope of your content for those of you interested in making similar moves.
Here’s What You’ll Discover:
- The initial topics Dan talked about on his show, and how they grew into the AI and innovation focus he has today.
- What questions Dan asked his audience as he strategized his new direction.
- Why rebranding was a crucial piece of creating a more refined and valuable show for his listeners.
- You’re probably already sitting on a unique, niche value proposition – and Dan has tips for teasing that out.
- How a more specific show will encourage dedicated listeners to spread your content to their friends and others in their industry.
“What does it look like to be a company that helps proliferate a well-informed & well-intended conversation?” @danfaggella
“Who really needs to be influenced? Who’s going to have a reason to tune in?”@danfaggella
“Have your antenna up for who is really caring and who is not.” @danfaggella
Want Help Starting Your Podcast?
Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways we can help you get your message out to the world:
1. Complete Your Podcast Success Scorecard
There is a formula to starting a successful podcast for your business. Find out how you score across the 8 Podcast Success mindsets – Click Here
2. Watch the Podcast Format & Episode Topics Workshops
Get help choosing the best podcast format for your show with these do’s and don’ts of a killer format – Click Here
Once you’ve chosen a format, the next job is to brainstorm topics for your first handful of episodes. Listen in as we share the best topics for your first podcast episodes – Click Here
3. Ask a Question
Questions about your podcast? Just hit reply and we can help to answer any questions.
4. Get Help Starting Your Podcast
Ready to start your podcast the right way… Get Started Here
Enjoy The Show? Share it With a Friend:
- Use the social sharing buttons on the left side of this page to share this episode.