Although this week’s guest wasn’t too sure about podcasting at first, since he started his own show he’s been on a roll.
Kurt Elster is the host of The Unofficial Shopify Podcast and a prime example of someone who’s used podcasting to build authority and drive clients to his consulting firm.
Kurt is the founder of consulting firm Ethercycle and helps Shopify storeowners uncover and capitalize on the hidden profits in their online stores. By finding and committing to a niche subject, Kurt’s made helping eCommerce professionals into a profitable business.
Kurt’s found podcasting to be a fun, genuine, and powerful way to connect with his audience – and he’s sharing his experience with us!
Kurt Elster shares how he discovered podcasting and eventually worked up the courage to start his own show. He talks about the experimentation phase of his show, why choosing a niche was an essential step, and how committing to a publishing schedule led to a more professional, rapidly growing show.
Kurt and I discuss the ways his podcast has positively affected his business, from raising his profile to helping him meet clients. He gives us tips about conversions, why you don’t have to promote yourself super hard on your show, and how to get started.
Here’s What You’ll Discover:
- How Kurt was slowly convinced to start his own podcast.
- What the process of discovering a niche was like, and why being a Shopify expert gave Kurt extra authority.
- Why it’s essential that you’re passionate about your show’s subject – and how your audience can tell if you’re not!
- The varied ways Kurt’s podcast has allowed him to convert listeners and guests into clients.
- Kurt’s advice for those of you considering starting your own podcast.
“I had prospects get on the phone and say they felt like they already knew me.” @kurtinc
“The episodes with the highest engagement and the most listens aren’t correlated.” @kurtinc
- Connect with Kurt: Website | Twitter
- The Unofficial Shopify Podcast
- Hustling to change your life with Neil Patel on The Unofficial Shopify Podcast
- Rand Fishkin on SEO for Ecommerce websites on The Unofficial Shopify Podcast
- Web Agency Podcast
Want Help Starting Your Podcast?
Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways we can help you get your message out to the world:
1. Complete Your Podcast Success Scorecard
There is a formula to starting a successful podcast for your business. Find out how you score across the 8 Podcast Success mindsets – Click Here
2. Watch the Podcast Format & Episode Topics Workshops
Get help choosing the best podcast format for your show with these do’s and don’ts of a killer format – Click Here
Once you’ve chosen a format, the next job is to brainstorm topics for your first handful of episodes. Listen in as we share the best topics for your first podcast episodes – Click Here
3. Ask a Question
Questions about your podcast? Just hit reply and we can help to answer any questions.
4. Get Help Starting Your Podcast
Ready to start your podcast the right way… Get Started Here
Enjoy The Show? Share it With a Friend:
- Use the social sharing buttons on the left side of this page to share this episode.