If you’re still billing clients by the hour, you may be depriving both yourself and your customers of some serious value. What could you gain if you were focused on producing great work efficiently, rather than watching the clock?
Jonathan Stark of the Ditching Hourly podcast is here today to talk about why you should bust out of the time-tracking model.
Jonathan is a podcaster, mobile strategy consultant, and software developer. He’s also dedicated to helping freelancers move into a value-based pricing model to make their work and their lives better.
Don’t miss Jonathan’s excellent advice for getting more out of your time and effort!
Jonathan Stark shares strategies for shifting your mindset about hourly billing, and why every freelancer ultimately comes to this realization. He breaks down the three most important reasons you should switch to value-based pricing, to the benefit of both yourself and your clients.
Jonathan highlights how charging a flat-fee will make you more efficient and produce better quality work, while also allowing you to work fewer hours. He also talks about how he’s used podcasting to build authority and drive clients toward his businesses.
Here’s What You’ll Discover:
- Why quitting hourly billing is one of the biggest obstacles we face in professional services.
- How charging a flat-fee changes everything about your business, including interactions with clients.
- The three key reasons you should stop billing hourly to provide better quality and more efficient service.
- Why value-based pricing will help you build tools and systems in your business that make you better at your job.
- The key realization that your clients would rather have your work than the money they’re giving you for it.
“Once you break the connection between more hours & more money, you won’t want to work more hours.” @jonathanstark
“Find out WHY they want it done, and you’ll know the true desired outcome of the project.” @jonathanstark
- Connect with Jonathan: Expensive Problem
- Ditching Hourly
- Terrifying Robot Dog
- Freelancers’ Show
- Kai Davis
- Elon Musk
- Peter Diamandis
Want Help Starting Your Podcast?
Whenever you’re ready… here are 4 ways we can help you get your message out to the world:
1. Complete Your Podcast Success Scorecard
There is a formula to starting a successful podcast for your business. Find out how you score across the 8 Podcast Success mindsets – Click Here
2. Watch the Podcast Format & Episode Topics Workshops
Get help choosing the best podcast format for your show with these do’s and don’ts of a killer format – Click Here
Once you’ve chosen a format, the next job is to brainstorm topics for your first handful of episodes. Listen in as we share the best topics for your first podcast episodes – Click Here
3. Ask a Question
Questions about your podcast? Just hit reply and we can help to answer any questions.
4. Get Help Starting Your Podcast
Ready to start your podcast the right way… Get Started Here
Enjoy The Show? Share it With a Friend:
- Use the social sharing buttons on the left side of this page to share this episode.